So Valentine’s Day is tomorrow and I thought we’d spice things up with this delicious Spicy Shrimp Pasta. It’s always better to dine in rather than out on the busy day of love.
Dev and I absolutely hate it. It’s nearly impossible to get a reservation, and when you do you still end up waiting when you get there. The entire restaurant is hella busy and loud. Did I mention that there are also people EVERYWHERE you look? Yeah, not our cup of tea.
I highly recommend you stay at home and cook a romantic dinner for you and bae. If you have no bae, cook the damn thing for yourself. Self love guys. Treat yo self. ?
It’s easy, fast, and will taste like you spent all day on it. For a quick appetizer to accompany this dish I recommend my Chicken Bruschetta Flatbread.
Try it out and stay tuned, a special dessert recipe will be posted soon!
Till then foodlings!
- 1 lb shrimp, tails off and deveined
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp basil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1-3 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz cooked pasta
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- parsley, garnish
- parmesan, garnish (optional)
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan on medium high heat.
- Toss shrimp, paprika, old bay, salt, and pepper together in a mixing bowl. Add shrimp to skillet and allow to cook until shrimp turns pink on that side. Turn each shrimp over and allow to cook. Once the shrimp is cooked through move to a plate and set aside.
- Add onions and garlic to the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes. Deglaze pan with white wine. Pour in diced tomatoes, chicken broth, sugar, basil, bay leaves, and crushed red pepper flakes. Give everything a good stir and allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat and stir in cream. Add pasta and shrimp to the pan and toss everything together. Garnish with parsley and sprinkle some parmesan. Serve immediately.