There is mushroom in my heart for food.
Get what I did there?
I used to hate mushrooms with a passion when I was younger. The whole fungus idea kind of turned me off. Thank goodness my taste-buds have changed and I’m able to enjoy these little caps of goodness.
These Crab Stuffed Mushrooms only take about 30 minutes to make and they are bound to impress your guests. Try them out and let me know how it goes.
See ya next week food lovers!
- 16 cremini mushrooms
- 120 g crab meat
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup chives, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Remove mushroom stems, keep 8 of them and discard the rest. Finely mince the 8 mushroom stems.
- In a mixing bowl combine the minced stems, crab meat, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, chives, salt, and pepper.
- Stuff mushrooms with crab mixture and set on an aluminum foil lined baking tray.
- Place the butter and smashed garlic cloves in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once the butter is melted and fragrant turn the stove off. Drizzle the melted butter over the mushroom caps. Bake caps for 15 minutes in the oven.
- Once they are cooked, grate fresh Parmesan cheese on top.